What is Blackjack?
Blackjack is one of the most extensively played Casino banking game across the globe. Blackjack descends from a global family of casino banking games known as Twenty-One and it uses decks of 52 Cards. Ranging from one to eight 52 Card decks can be used in Blackjack. Blackjack is a compare card name in which each player competes against the dealer, rather than competing against each other. As Blackjack is also referred as “21”, the objective of the game is very simple that as an individual player one needs to get total score as close to 21 as possible but not exceeding 21. If the total exceeds 21 points, it busts, and you lose the game and all your bets.
Card Values at Blackjack
Numbered cards between 2 and 10 represent the face value of that respective card. On the other hand, Ace card can be valued as 1 or 11 (this can be decided by a Blackjack Player). Other picture cards like Jack, Queen and King represents value of 10.
Blackjack Rules in Casino
If you are a starter and looking for how to play Blackjack in Casino, then you have arrived on the right page. We are going to describe here some basic rules of Blackjack in Casino. As already mentioned earlier Blackjack is game between the dealer and the players and to win the Blackjack player hand must beat the dealer hand without the value crossing 21.
- At blackjack table, the dealer usually faces five to nine playing positions in a semi-circular table. To start the round players place bets in the “betting box” at each position.
- Blackjack round starts as the dealer distribute 2 cards to each player face up, so blackjack player can see the sum of their cards. On the other end, the dealer lays one card face up and one card face down (known as a hole card) so neither the dealer nor you are aware of the value of 2nd card.
- The dealer then goes around the table from left to right and ask each player to make their decision whether they want to continue with the 2 cards they have or need an additional card to get close to 21.
- Each player uses a standard hand signal to the dealer to indicate what they want – Stay with same cards and continue or want another card or double the wager or split.
- After each player has been dealt their cards and made their final bets, the dealer then reveals their 2nd card to the table.
- If the dealer card value exceeds 21 it busts, each player wins. If the dealer has the higher hand, then the players lose their bets, and the dealer wins that round. If player cards total higher than the dealer’s cards without going over 21, player win.
Blackjack Player Decision
In a Blackjack game after viewing the initial two cards, each player has up to five options to choose with: “hit”, “stand”, “double down”, “split”, or “surrender”. Each option comes with a corresponding hand signal which needs to be made towards dealer to indicate your choice:
Hit: Player want another card.
Stand: Player don’t want any more cards and want to stick with same cards.
Double down: Player will Increase the initial bet by 100% and take exactly one more card.
Split: In this player create two hands from a starting hand where both cards have same value. Each new hand will now get another card so that the player has two starting hands. This requires an additional bet on the second hand. The two hands are now played out independently, and the wager on each hand is won or lost independently.
Surrender: In this decision player must forfeit half of the betting amount and end the hand immediately. This option is only available when you take it as the first decision.
Best Blackjack casinos in US
When it comes to real money table games in US casinos, undoubtedly blackjack sits alone at the top. Many mega-casinos ambience more of a resort atmosphere than a casino. Let’s have a quick look at few best casinos in the US for blackjack player.
The ARIA (Las Vegas, NV)
The MGM Grand (Las Vegas, NV)
Atlantis (Reno, NV)
Horseshoe (Bossier City, LA)
WinStar World Casino (Thacker Ville, OK)