Computer Science is the study of computers software system , it’s theory development design an application. Computer engineers deal mostly with software and software systems.
Principal areas of study within Computer Science include artificial intelligence, computer systems and networks, security, database systems , graphics, numerical analysis as well as programming languages ; software engineering, bioinformatics and theory of computing.
Computer science programs share a close relation with network administration, Internet, computer engineering, telecommunication, e-commerce, robotics, information systems and general technology programs. Students can pursue a diploma, undergraduate degree, post graduate diploma and master degree in computer science at the Canadian institutions.
Professional degree of computer science Canada prepares students for careers in computer related jobs and provides a solid foundation in related mathematical and science principles.
This is one the most demanding occupation in Canada and this demand trend of such professionals are going to rise with time. Canada has progressed huge in providing quality education in a broad range of fields.
Big Advantages after pursuing a degree in computer science from Canada :
Canadian institutions offer the following advantages of students those who pursuing a degree in computer science at the Canada:
- It is an internationally recognized degree.
- Canadian universities offer a wide variety of programs in the field of computer science.
- It’s easy to acquire a student visa and admission at the Canadian institutions.
- Attention is paid to the rapidly changing industrial requirements while teaching the students.
- Canadian institutions offer a rigorous theoretical background for students to understand the subjects better.
- Studying computer science is combined with other disciplines as well, such as mathematics, statistics, business, engineering, health sciences etc.
- Canada is a cheaper study options for international students compared with other countries.
Top Canadian universities offering Computer Science Degree :
|S.no||Name of university||City||Scholarship|
|1||University of Toronto||Toronto||Yes|
|2||University of Montreal||Montreal||Yes|
|3||University of Waterloo||Waterloo||Yes|
|4||University of British Columbia||Vancouver||No|
|6||Simon Faster University||Burnaby||Yes|
|7||University of Alberta||Edmonton||No|
|9||University of Guelph||Guelph||Yes|
|10||University of Regina||Regina||Yes|
|11||University of Victoria||Victoria||Yes|
The top universities in Canada for computer science degrees are below:
This is the oldest university in Montreal. School of Computer Science offers an extensive range of programmes including, bachelor of arts, bachelor of science and bachelor of engineering. All programmes start with the same set of basic courses, allowing students to decide on their required programme once they have built a foundation in the discipline. McGill University is a Centre for Intelligent Machines, which conducts research around automation, robotics, computer vision, systems and artificial intelligence and speech recognition.
University Of British Columbia:
Here is wide range of elective courses as well as students can choose any study programmes. This university provides bachelor degree in computer science. Students can choose from either the master’s in data science or the master’s in computer science. Students could expect to study during a master’s programme include computational linguistics and artificial intelligence. The available courses are changes from year to year.
University of Waterloo:
This university is one of the largest mathematics and computing centres in the world. Students can learn computer programming and algorithms, artificial intelligence, networks, bioinformatics, databases, graphics, scientific computing, security and software engineering.
University Of Montreal:
Many programmes are available at the university, like them bioinformatics, computer science and machine learning. Montreal university is a French-language university, its research departments are open to creating a fluent in two language environments for students in graduate-level programmes. For example: notes are available in French and English both languages. students’ choice her own language.
University of Toronto:
University of Toronto covers a variety of topics, including computational linguistics and natural language processing, artificial intelligence, game design in computer science. The University of Toronto computer science program has 11 areas of study to choose from at the graduate, postgraduate and doctorate levels. Toronto university have also available master of computer science degree. Students are required to a research project as part of the course. Students choose to undertake research in a range of areas, including cryptography, neural theory, and robotics and artificial intelligence.
Why one should opt Canada for MS In Computer Science :
Canadian university environment is student-friendly along with inexpensive educational costs. The country welcomes foreign students all over the world and offers career opportunities.
Here is some reasons to study MS with computer science in Canada:
- Universities are allowed to students join part time jobs while their education and no need a work permit in Canada.
- Canada is a remarkable status of being one of the best study destinations across the world. Canada has diverse population.
- Canada exponential growth in employment in the IT sector. Students can discover immense prospects in the IT sector while pursuing the course.
- The cost of education is affordable compared in other developed countries
- Bachelor in any field with a minimum percentage the specific university.
- The students have good programming skills is also a basic requirement for admission.
- GPA of 3.25 or CGPA of 7 to 8 on a scale of 10 is necessary or above on a 4.0-point system. 80-85% is the percentile equivalent of the same.
- The student is must to take GRE scores.
Cost factors for Studying MS in Computer Science in Canada:
The studying cost of depends in number of factors. The one-time payment goes up to CAD 1,513 (INR 86,296) that includes GRE Application Fee, Test Fee, Health Insurance and Visa Application Fee. The cost of studying in Canada also includes transportation accommodation, daily expenses and books that cost up to CAD 14,500 to CAD 35,000 (INR 8,27,387 to INR 18,89,310). These costs are depending on the location and type of accommodation you choose.
Canada has amazing job opportunities with famous companies like Scotiabank, Sterling Turner, Amazon etc. who take on postgrads from Canadian universities. The salary average ranges from CAD 32,591 to CAD 53,449 (INR 18,59,251 to INR 30,47,204) depending on position, skills and location.
Jobs Opportunities after pursuing degree in Computer Science from Canadian College
Here is a list of some popular job in Canada:
- Job Prospects Software Developer
- Java Developer
- Senior Web Developer
- CAD Designer
- Software Engineer
- IT Manager
- Network Administrator.