Looking for some mental relaxations in fast moving Metro’s. Studies reveal that a big portion of the population in our planet suffers from anxiety, depression and other mental health disorders and Stress. Yoga is not only an exercise it is a way to achieve mental, physical and spiritual peace. Below mentioned are the basic ideas and benefits of Yoga which will surely help you to remain healthy. These Yoga poses are very helpful for beginners as well to attain a relax mind.
5 Benefits of YOGA
1. Yoga will help you with anxiety and depression
Studies reveal that regular specific yoga poses can help you in cardiac diseases, respiration abnormalities and it is a boon if you are patient of Blood pressure.
2. Yoga can improve your physical appearance
with healthy body and improve respiration yoga can help you with a better blood circulation as a result an individual can be more impressive and smart looking.
3. Yoga can benefit your sex life as well
Following 12 weeks of yoga. Will result on improvements in satisfaction ,arousal, orgasm, and desire. Study in medical science reveals.
4. Yoga helps in weight Reduction and burns Calories
In todays generation physical exercise is somehow impossible due to imbalance lifestyle. With few small Yoga steps over weighing problem can also be sorted out.
5. Yoga will make you spiritual and will help in attaining mental peace
Apart from above mentioned major benefits we do have many other possibilities by which Yoga can help you remain healthy. Below listed are few of the poses for beginners in Canada along with descriptions.
Pyramid Pose (Parsvottanasana):
Pyramid Pose is a deep forward fold that helps to stretch hip muscles and hamstrings and lengthen the spine. It also strengthens the legs and improves posture, balance, mental functions and circulation
- First we need to stand on a mat in Mountain Pose. Turn to the left and place your hands on your hips. step the back leg forward enough just to straighten both of your legs. Keep the back foot flat on the floor with the toes should be facing forward.
- Round the spine by pressing the forehead towards the left knee, then you need to press into the heels and again press the back of the knees towards the back wall.
- Breathe and hold for 3-8 breaths.
- To release one must either step the right foot back and bend the left knee into lunge, or in either case you should inhale the arms out and up with both legs straight.
- Repeat on other side.
Mountain Pose (Tadasana)
A correctly executed Mountain Pose will use every muscle in the body. It improves posture and, when practiced regularly, can help reduce back pain and also helpful for relieving sciatica . This pose strengthens the knees, abdomen, thighs ,buttocks and Ankles.
- Stand with your feet slightly apart and make sure that your weight is balanced equally on both feet.
- Lift and spread your toes and the balls of your feet, then lay them softly back down on the floor.
- Take long Inhale, raise your arms above your head, interlock your fingers with palms facing upwards.
- Raise your shoulders up towards your ears and breath out, roll your shoulders back and down your spine, opening your chest and straightening your posture.
- Relax all muscles in your face, including your tongue. Relax your eyes and maintain a steady gaze. Come back to normal position and relax
Triangle Pose ( Trikonasana)
This pose activates your core muscles, helps to strengthen the muscles in the hip and chest region. It also helps to reduce lower back pain. Trikonasana is generally considered as a good warm-up exercise to improve general health.
- Stand straight and distance between your legs should be a little more than the span of your shoulders.
- Take a deep breath. Start raising your right hand straight above your head conditionally right arm should be going parallel to the right ear.
- Exhale. Bend your scape at the waist, to your left side.
- Simultaneously, slide your left arm down along your left leg till your fingers are at your ankle.
- At this point, your right arm must be horizontal as your head is tilted left.
- Hold the pose with your knees and elbows straight. Hold the position for 30 seconds.
- Inhale then return to the starting neutral position and repeat with the left leg.
Downward Facing Dog (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
Adho Mukha Svanasana strengthens muscles, nerves, core of the arms, legs, back and ankles, it also expands the chest. Tones the muscles of the arms ,abdomen, , back, thighs, shoulder and calves, it also improves blood circulation, digestion and hence relax the body by all means. Increase height of a growing body.
- Come onto the floor on your hands and knees. One should ensure that his/her knees must be directly below your hips and your hands slightly forward of your shoulders.
- Keeps both toes pointed towards front of your mat and sink your heels towards the floor.
- Press your hands and feet and lift your hips towards the ceiling.
- Keep pressing until you have a flat back. Your body should be resembling as an upside V.
- Think about externally rotating through the biceps and shoulders while internally rotating through your forearms to engage the arms fully.
- Reach your heels towards the mat while stretching through the backs of the legs.
Tree Pose (Vrksasana)
Tree Pose strengthens the legs and core while opening the hips and stretching the inner thigh and waist muscles improve balance, stability, your core.
- Take a moment to feel both your feet root into the floor, your weight distributed equally on all four corners of each foot.
- Bend your one leg at the knee.
- First you bend left knee and bring the sole of your left foot high onto your inner right thigh.
- Press your foot into your thigh and your thigh back into your foot with equal pressure. This will help you keep both hips squared toward the front so your right hip doesn’t jut out.
- Focus your gaze (Drishti) on something that doesn’t move to help you keep your balance.
- Take 5 to 10 breaths, then lower your left foot to the floor and do the other side.
Seated forwards fold Pose
This pose stretches the entire back body encourages demulcent focus on the breath stimulates internal organs .
- Sit on your mat with your legs reaching straight out in front of you.
- Place your hands on either side of your hips to ground yourself evenly on the sit bones.
- Take a long breath, put your arms up, and sit up tall so your body is at a 90 degree angle.
- Exhale and down on the legs, keeping your back straight and creasing at the hip. Keep a tall spine and this should be done as you fold over the legs.
- Extend your arms over your feet to hold your feet.
- Let your head and neck release. Stay in this posture 2-3 minutes then relax .
It relaxes your muscles activates the parasympathetic nervous system and encourages sleep.
- Lie down on your back.
- Give you enough space to extend your arms and legs .
- Let your palms face up.
- 4.Take head down and relax your muscles with every breath.
Child’s Pose is make over the spine relives muscle tension and gentle stretch for the back, hips, ankles ,thighs, and. It can help relieve back pain.
- Spread your knees as wide as your mat, keeping the tops of your feet on the floor with the big toes touching.
- Point your toes and bring them to touch with the tops of your feet against the mat.
- Extend your arms and hands forward to touch the ground at the front of . your yoga mat.
- Your bottom should come back to rest on your heels, creasing at the hips and knees.
- Extending your arms forward and bowing down while bending your head.
- Stay as long as you like, repeated again breathing in and out.
Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana)
This pose make strong the back, buttocks, and hamstrings. Improves blood circulation and also helps to reduce stress and mild depression.
- Lie on your back and bring both the knees together and Keep feet apart from hips on a mat..
- Keeping your feet on the floor, take deep breath and lift the hips up, rolling the spine off the floor. Lightly squeeze the knees together to keep the knees hip width far .
- Press down into the shoulders and arms and then lift the chest up. Engage the legs, buttocks and lift the hips higher.
- Take along breath and hold the breath for 2-3 minutes.
- Then release: exhale and lie back in a relaxed position.
Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana)
Tones the abdomen Improves blood circulation and flexibility of the upper and middle back reduces stress.
- First lie on your belly. Separate your legs to hip width and Point your toes.
- Elbows are required to bend and place your hands on the floor next to your ribs .
- Take a deep breath, Keeping the spine straight, lift the chest off the floor.
- Exhale and come back to the resting pose.
Easy Pose (Sukhasana):
It has a relaxing effect on the body and mind which improves focus and back muscles and improves the allover body posture.
- Sit straight on the yoga mat and cross your legs.
- keep backbone straight and relax the face, and belly .
- Take hands can rest in your lap or on the tops of your thighs.
- Breathe deeply through the nose down into the belly.
Happy Baby Pose (Ananda Balasana)
This pose reduces lower back pain, stress and anxiety and lowers heart rate.
- Firstly lie flat on your back on your yoga mat.
- Then bring your knees towards your chest .keeping at a 90-degree angle. Remember you bottoms of your feet should face the ceiling.
- hold the outer edges of the feet with your hands.
- Spread your legs remember they should be wider than your armpits.
- Move legs slowly from side-to-side (like a happy baby!).
- As long as you want to do it, take a long breath and let it out.
These easy 10 minute exercise help you to remain healthy and fit , relieves from mental stress and keep away from diseases. With increase immune system they also help in getting rid of Viral infections and this was also a proven fact in recent Covid Pandemic.